At Doxy.me we understand that practicing via telemedicine and telehealth can be a challenge at times. That’s why we made this list of DO’s and DON’TS to help you consider these factors from the start.
- Check with your licensing board to ensure you are following ethical standards
- Confirm with insurance companies that you bill for reimbursement *Things to consider: codes that you can bill for, services you cannot bill for via telehealth
- Download Medicare CPT Codes for telemedicine here
- Check with malpractice insurance
- Create patient/client expectations for services provided via telemedicine *Things to consider: (amount charged, duration of visit, in person visits every specified amount of time, option for in-person visits when needed, scheduling, emergency situations etc.)
- Market that you provide telemedicine, patients need to be aware that you offer it, check out marketing ideas here
- Forget to educate patients on telemedicine, services you provide, services you don’t provide etc.
- Forget to ensure that your patients have devices that can be supported through Doxy.me
- Forget that technology can be difficult to navigate and your patients may need a step by step tutorial (consider a test call with a member of our team!)
- Forget to share our patient flyer with your new patients!
Need some additional help getting started? Contact our support team.