Whether it's your first telehealth appointment or your 100th, it is always helpful to be prepared. Here are ten ways to make the most of your visit with your provider.
1. Check your Telehealth Insurance coverage.
For Private Insurance, contact your insurance provider
2. Complete your paperwork ahead of time (forms and consents from your Provider)
3. Make a list of:
Questions for your provider
Current medications and supplements you are taking
Symptoms you have been experiencing
4. Find a private location for your call if possible
Find a quiet space
5. Set up your device ahead of time
Be sure your device is charged
Check your microphone and camera are working
Make sure you have a strong internet connection
For technical support see our For Patients: Technical Guide
6. Check in to our "practice" doxy.me room so you can see how easy it is.
7. When it's time for your actual appointment, be sure to check in a few minutes early
8. Know who to contact for assistance:
Contact your provider for...
Contact Doxy.me for...
Their Doxy.me Provider Link
Appointment Times & Scheduling Questions
Prescription Refills and Medication Questions
To send or receive Medical Records and Photos
For more tips and FAQ's, feel free to visit the Doxy.me Help Center: For Patients