Doxy.me was designed to work effectively under different network conditions with lightweight bandwidth requirements. However, poor audio quality due to audio interference / background noise can ruin a conversation.
How to improve audio quality
- Use headphones or earbuds during a call. If you hear an echo it's because your patient or provider's speakers are too loud, and causing feedback.
- Move to a quieter environment. This will allow your patient or provider to hear your voice more clearly.
- Ensure no other applications on your device are already accessing your microphone. Otherwise, multiple apps trying to access one microphone input will cause interference.
- Before a call starts, consider putting your device in "Do not disturb". In case you receive a phone call, it won't interrupt the video session.
- Stay away from wireless headsets. Wireless headsets typically use Bluetooth. If you notice your patient, practitioner or staff complain about audio quality, try using a USB or inline mic instead of a headset.
How to re-sync the video call as a provider
- Open Call settings
- Select Restart call to sync video
This will quickly restart the call, and should help to mitigate most issues.
If none of the steps above resolve the issue, please contact support.