File transfer is a HIPAA compliant way to send files between you and your patient. This is a better alternative to emails as the data you send might contain PHI.
To receive a file from the waiting room:
- Click the three dots in the patient queue
- Then select "More"
- Select Request file
- Patient will select the file to share
To receive a file from while on a call:
- Click "File Transfer" on the left panel
- Then "Request file from patient"
- Patient clicks "Select file to share"
- Patient chooses file from their computer
- Patient clicks "Open"
- Press "Download" to save
- The file will show up in your default downloads folder
You can also send a file to your patient.
How to use file transfer: