File transfer is a HIPAA compliant way to send files between you and your patient. This is a better alternative to emails as the data you send might contain PHI.
To receive a file from the waiting room:
- Click the three dots menu (⋮) in the patient queue
- Select More.
- Select Request file.
- Patient will select the file to share from their device.
To receive a file while on a call:
- Click File Transfer on the left panel.
- Then Request file from patient.
- The patient clicks Select file to share.
- They can choose files from their computer.
- The patient clicks Open.
- Press Download to save.
- The file will appear in your default downloads folder
You can also send a file to your patient.
Types of files you can send
You can transfer the following file types:
- jpeg, jpg
- doc, docx
- ppt, pptx
How to use file transfer:
NOTE: File transfer is only available to Professional or Clinic users, and the maximum file size that can be is transferred is 100MB.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team.