We designed doxy.me to work with minimal system requirements.
To have a successful call with someone while using a computer, you must have:
- a Mac/PC/Linux/Chromebook with camera, microphone, and speakers
- an Internet connection with at least 2 Mbps download and upload speeds (check your Internet speed here) We HIGHLY recommend anything above 10-15 Mbps to have a better experience
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari 11+ (latest release versions)
- the latest operating systems, such as Windows 10 or MacOS Catalina, to obtain the latest versions of the browsers listed above
- TCP ports 80 and 443 open (sometimes firewalls will block these ports; if you are having trouble connecting while on a workplace network, ask your IT team to check this)
For iOS and Android:
- Use Safari 11+ on your iOS devices (latest version of iOS)
- Google Chrome on your Android device
The following are not compatible with doxy.me:
- Amazon Kindle and other e-readers
- Voice-controlled smart speakers such as Alexa or Google Assistant
Check support for your device by running our diagnostic tests.
If you are still having issues after trying these steps, contact our support team.