At doxy.me, we understand that practicing healthcare via telemedicine and telehealth can be a challenge at times. That’s why we made this list of dos and don'ts to help consider these factors from the start.
- Check with your licensing board to ensure you are following ethical standards
- Confirm with insurance companies that you bill for reimbursement *
- Things to consider: codes that you can bill for, services you cannot bill for via telehealth
- Download Medicare CPT Codes for telemedicine here
- Check malpractice insurance
- Create patient/client expectations for services provided via telemedicine *
- Things to consider: amount charged, duration of visit, in-person visits every specified amount of time, option for in-person visits when needed, scheduling, emergency situations, etc.
- Market to your patients that you provide telemedicine (check out marketing ideas here)
- Forget to educate patients on telemedicine, services you provide, and services you don’t provide
- Forget to ensure that your patients have devices that can be supported through doxy.me
- Forget that technology can be difficult to navigate, and your patients may need a step-by-step tutorial (consider a test call with a member of our team!)
- Forget to share our patient flyer with your new patients
If you have any questions, please contact our support team.