Interpreters from LanguageLine Solutions can assist you with ASL or other language interpretation to help you communicate with your patients.
Interpreters are available Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific time. Requests made outside these hours will receive an “interpreter unavailable” message.
Go to your doxy.me dashboard and select Copy to copy your waiting room web address.
NOTE: Video interpreters only join meetings on-demand (they will not receive invitations for meetings scheduled in the future).
Launch a browser, and go to telehealth.languageline.com.
- Sign up for LanguageLine to get an authentication code (first time only).
- Enter your authentication code. (Your computer will remember the code for future sessions. This field will only be presented if required.)
- Select the language you need from the drop-down menu.
- Paste the web address for your doxy.me meeting (that you copied in Step 1) into the field titled Meeting Invite URL.
- Click Request Interpreter.
Return to your doxy.me dashboard and wait for the interpreter to appear in the Patient Queue.
- From the Patient Queue select the first participant (e.g., your patient) to join the meeting.
- Select Start Call.
- From the Patient Queue select the next participant (e.g., the interpreter) to join the meeting.
- Select Start Call or select Group Call to add a participant from the waiting room list.
- Select Add patient to active call.
- Click Confirm.
Upon joining the call the interpreter will make a standard greeting and may request data required by your organization, such as a department name.
NOTE: Deaf and hard of hearing patients may want to see the ASL interpreter enlarged at all times to enhance understanding.
You may ask your ASL interpreter to communicate these instructions to the patient: “Tap or click on the interpreter’s image to enlarge the interpreter’s image on your screen.”
To end the interpretation session, ask your interpreter to hang up or click on the red phone icon to end the meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team.