At doxy.me, our belief is that everyone should have access to telemedicine regardless of location. We want to make it easy for providers to connect with their patients over a secure video session anywhere, even with just a smart-device and WiFi connection. We're committed to site accessibility for those with disabilities, and we are always taking steps to improve the experience.
To enable auto check-in:
Considering your patients' needs, we've added an easy way for providers to enable automatic patient check-in. This is especially good for clients who have frequent appointments. Automatic check-ins eliminate the need for your patient to enter their name every time.
Add these two attributes to the end of your waiting room link:
Final result will look similar this:
Add space between first and last name:
External Tools for Accessibility
An extension gives your browser superpowers. Depending on the browser, there are extensions for magnifying, reading text aloud, and even for color blind accessibility. Consider browser extensions that your employees or your patients can use to enhance their experience. You'll want to verify that these extensions do not store data after use. We do not support extensions, but we do want to make sure you are aware they exist.
- Chrome Accessibility Extensions
- All Safari Extensions (ctrl+f, search "Accessibility")
- Firefox Accessibility Extensions
Our current roadmap for accessibility
- Improve patient check-in to be easier for screen-reader navigation.
- Implement better support for screen-reading software.
- Continue expanding language support.
2020 roadmap updates
- Patient check-in process is now smoother for patients with disabilities to navigate and understand current position on page with audible indications via screen-reader support.
- Fixed some components and buttons on the dashboard and in the check-in process that had previously not been tab-focusable.
This article will be updated as we move forward and make further updates to improve accessibility.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team.