Doxy.me allows you to easily change the resolution of your video while you are on a call.
- Low Definition (LD) video requires less bandwidth and computer power. This increases the likelihood of having a stable video call.
- Standard Definition (SD) provides a clearer picture but requires more bandwidth and computer power. 640x480
- High Definition (HD) provides the clearest picture but requires the most bandwidth and computer power. 1280x720
See the difference between Low Definition and High Definition (click to enlarge):
To change the video resolution during a call:
- Click the 'wheel' in the controls at the bottom of the screen
- Choose between LD, SD and HD
To set the default video quality that a call uses:
- From your Dashboard click Account Settings
- Click Expand under Room Settings
- Choose video quality under Default video quality
- Click Update to save