Some users need their patients to hear the audio they are playing from their web browser like a YouTube video. As of right now, screen share audio is not available by default. This guide only covers Windows 10. Please note this ONLY works on computers that have the "Stereo Mix" mentioned on step 3.
NOTE: The article is for demonstration purposes to provide ideas for ways you can find your own solution. Doxy.me does not provide support for these configurations as of November 2020.
Step 1: Download a Virtual Audio Cable
- Download a virtual audio cable (aka virtual speaker driver). For this tutorial we use a free third-party program called VB-Audio Virtual Cable.
- Unzip the file by right clicking on the file after the download is complete, select "extract all" than click "extract" on the bottom right corner.
- Open the file folder "VBCABLE_Driver_Pack43" (not the zip file) and right click on the "VBCABLE_Setup" and "Run as Administrator". If nothing happens, try running the other file "VBCABLE_Setup_x64"
- Click "Install Driver" and "Install" on the window security pop-up.
- a pop up will let you know you have successfully and it will suggest you restart your computer. Restart your computer.
Installing VB CABLE
Step 2: Set Your Microphone to Listen
- Next to the Windows button on the bottom left corner of your computer, click on the search icon, type "Change system sounds" and choose the result, or hit Enter.
- Navigate to the "Recording" tab and double click on the microphone you'll be using (DO NOT double click the VB-Audio Cable) during your doxy.me call. This will open the microphone properties.
- Navigate to the Listen tab and check the box Listen to this device.
- Below the checkbox, in the Playback through this device drop-down, select Cable-Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable).
- Click the Apply button.
Step 3: Enable Stereo Mix
- In the same system Sound from step 2, navigate to the Recording tab, right click on any device, and make sure Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices are both checked.
- Find Stereo Mix then right click and select Enable**
- Double click on Stereo Mix.
- Again, you'll navigate to the "listen" tab and check the box "Listen to this device"
- Below the checkbox, in the "playback through this device" drop-down select "Cable-Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable)".
Step 4: Select your virtual cable during a call.
- Start a test call with a colleague to make sure audio is working.
- Navigate to the doxy.me call microphone settings.
- Change your Microphone to the virtual audio cable. Cable-Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable)
When you want to share your computer audio all you need to do is select your virtual cable (virtual microphone).
**If you still don't see this option, you can try to download the realtek codecs. It's very rare that you would need to do this. If after installing the codecs you still don't see Stereo Mix, than you won't be able to use the virtual audio cable.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team.