At Doxy.me, our belief is that everyone should have access to telemedicine regardless of location. We want to make it easy for providers to connect with their patients over a secure video session anywhere with only a smart-device and wifi connection.
We're committed to site accessibility for those with disabilities, and always taking steps to improve the experience. Focusing on our patients first, we've added an easy way for providers to enable automatic patient check-in. This is especially good for clients who are met with frequently, and eliminates the process of your patient needing to enter their name every time.
External Tools for Accessibility:
An extension gives your browser superpowers. Depending on the browser there are extensions for magnifying, reading text aloud and even for color blind accessibility. Consider browser extensions that your employees or your patients can use to enhance their experience. You'll want to verify that these extensions do not store data after use. We do not support extensions, but we do want to make sure you are aware they exist.
- Chrome Accessibility Extensions
- All Safari Extensions (ctrl+f, search "Accessibility")
- Firefox Accessibility Extensions
How to enable auto check-in
Add these two attributes to the end of your waiting room link:
Final result will look similar this:
Our current roadmap for accessibility
- Improve patient check-in to be easier for screen-reader navigation.
- Implement better support for JAWS screen-reading software.
- Continue expanding language support.
2020 roadmap updates
- Patient check-in process is now smoother for impaired patients to navigate and understand current position on page with audible indications via screen-reader support.
- Fixed some components & buttons on the dashboard and in check-in process that had previously not been tab-focusable.
This article will be updated as we move forward, and make further updates to improve accessibility. If you have any questions please contact our support team.