Doxy.me officially supports Chrome / Firefox / Safari 11+ use one of these options. This applies to both provider and patient. Scroll down for common issues & troubleshooting steps pertaining to your browser.
Quick technical questions
- Group call video & audio lagging? Quickly sync video in control bar settings & refresh call. Learn more here
- Did you allow access to camera & mic in browser? Browsers will notify you when requesting access, be sure to 'Allow' it
- Did you allow access to camera & mic in device settings? Make sure Mac & Windows settings aren't blocking access to browser
- Do you & everyone involved have enough bandwidth to support a video session?Doxy.me requires at least 750kbps for a call. Test your network speed here
- Are any browser tabs & or apps already accessing the camera & mic? Close tabs / right-click app icon and 'quit application'
- Is there any antivirus software on your computer that limits external connections? Be sure to whitelist Doxy.me and it's required services
- Is your external webcam & mic securely plugged into your computer? Clear debris from ports / ensure device drivers are updated to latest version
- Are you using a USB hub to connect your webcam? Too many connections to a hub can bottleneck video throughput. Try plugging webcam directly into computer.
- Is your camera lens blocked? Clear physical obstructions & smudges from camera lens
- Does your desktop monitor have an internal webcam? Most do not, check top center of monitor for integrated camera
- Do camera & mic not work with other apps such as Google Meet & Whereby? There may be an issue with your computer hardware, contact the manufacturer
If you're still having trouble and need help, contact our support team.