If your seeing a camera icon like the one shown below, or you are getting an error that says "We can't detect a video feed from your webcam". This grey box with a slashed out computer is actually generated by your computer. It means your webcam driver driver or the actual camera may be defective. Though we can't help you with a defective camera, you should try updating the driver first.
How to Update webcam drivers manually
- Make sure no physical obstructions are blocking the camera lens.
- Search Device Manager in your Windows Start menu.
3. Open Cameras > right-click webcam > Update Driver (if on a newer laptop disregard integrated webcam) .
4. Open Cameras > right-click webcam > click Uninstall device (don't worry windows will reinstall the driver automatically in the next step.
5. At the top of Device Manager right-click DESKTOP/LAPTOP-code > scan for hardware changes (should reinstall camera driver)
6. Restart computer and Windows OS will reinstall the latest version of camera drivers.
If your camera isn't working on doxy.me, make sure it isn't working in a different web app. If possible try plugging the camera into a different computer to make sure the camera isn't defective.
Check Doxy Device settings
- Login to your Doxy.me Dashboard.
- Hover mouse over the preview window and click three horizontal dots:
2. Make the necessary device input changes:
3. If you make any changes, be sure to restart your web browser.
If Logitech webcam stops working on Windows
- Unplug and plug back to ensure it's secure.
- Open Windows Start menu > search Logi Capture.
- If you don't have it, install here.
- Open Logi Capture, and you'll see a popup prompting you to update if one is available.
- Restart device.
If on a Lenovo Device
- Open Windows Start Menu > search Lenovo Web Conferencing.
- Manually start your camera app.
- Open Windows Start Menu > search Lenovo Settings (install here if necessary).
- Select Camera tab/scroll all the way down and turn off Privacy Mode.
- Open Windows Start Menu > search Lenovo Vantage
- Open Hardware Settings > Audio/visual
- Scroll down to Camera Privacy Mode > toggle Off
If you're still having trouble, please contact our support team.