At Doxy.me we understand that practicing via telemedicine and telehealth can be a challenge at times. There are a lot of additional factors that need to be considered. That’s why we made this list of DO’s and DON’TS to help you consider these factors from the start.
- Do check with your licensing board to ensure you are following ethical standards
- Do confirm with insurance companies that you bill for reimbursement *Things to consider: codes that you can bill for, services you cannot bill for via telehealth
- Do download Medicare CPT Codes for telemedicine here
- Do check with malpractice insurance
- Do create patient/client expectations for services provided via telemedicine *Things to consider: (amount charged, duration of visit, in person visits every specified amount of time, option for in-person visits when needed, scheduling, emergency situations etc.)
- Do market that you provide telemedicine, patients need to be aware that you offer it, check out marketing ideas here
- Don’t forget to educate patients on telemedicine, services you provide, services you don’t provide etc.
- Don't forget a scheduler for patients to book online.
- Don’t forget to ensure that your patients have devices that can be supported through Doxy.me
- Don’t forget that technology can be difficult to navigate and your patients may need a step by step tutorial (consider a test call with a member of our team!)
- Don’t forget to share our patient flyer and/or video with your new patients!
Need some additional help getting started? Email our Director of Behavioral & Mental Health Gina@doxy.me