There are four levers you can pull to optimize quality:
- High quality connection: close to Wi-Fi router, good quality router, ethernet cable, high speed bandwidth, no other parties on the network eating up the bandwidth.
- CPU/GPU usage: ensure no high intensity programs are running on the computer.
- High quality camera and mic (this is only really relevant for older devices, but can have a noticeable effect).
- Updated software: your operating system has frequent updates, and for performance reasons it is important to have the most recent update installed.
- Call Optimization Feature: Our new Call Optimization feature should help reduce choppy calls. It is currently available to all users (while in beta).
Ensure these are done on both sides of the meeting, as a poor quality on the other party's end will result in you seeing a poor quality on your side.
If you are still having trouble, please take these diagnostic tests and email the results to firstname.lastname@example.org